If you have good credit (600 or above) and a stable income you’re a prime candidate for refinancing -- and now’s the time to do it.
Student loan refinancing rates have dropped to 2.24% - a near-term low.
If you have good credit and a solid income, now’s the time to refinance.
Refinancing your student loans differs from other types of refinancing because it typically doesn’t carry any fees or additional costs, which means you can refinance your student loans as often as you’d like.
If you can find a lower interest rate, you can save yourself money every time.
We’ve highlighted two loan marketplaces that provide easier access to student loan refinancing. Submit one application and instantly receive a list of rates and offers from top lenders.
Compare pre qualified student loan refinancing rates from up to 10 lenders without affecting your credit score.
- 100% free
- Best Rate Guarantee: Credible will give you $200 if you find a better rate
- Get a final offer in as little as 1 day after applying
A single platform that allows you to find, customize, and fund your loan through their network of banks and credit unions.
- 100% free
- Refinance loans up to $300,000
- Extended forbearance for 15- and 20-year loan terms
A few more tips before you go:
1. Be sure to shop around. Compare rates from at least 3 different lenders before signing. A difference of even a percentage point can translate to thousands in savings (this is why we recommend to start at a loan marketplace).
2. If rates are similar, look for lenders with attractive features such as flexible repayment options or the ability to refinance parent PLUS loans in your name.
3. You can refinance as often as you’d like, so even if you recently refinanced you can save money if rates have dropped or your financial situation has improved.